We hope that your families are having a great summer break. The purpose of this communication is to provide details on our in-building backpack and locker procedures for the 2021-2022 school year.
As a school district, we have made the decision to assign each student a locker for the 21-22 school year. However, we have made adjustments to the times that students will be able to access their lockers in order to ease our hallway transitions. Below are the specified times that students will be permitted to utilize their lockers:
- Before School (Prior to 7:40 AM)
- Transitioning To/During 5th Bell - (Lunch Period: 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM)
- After School (2:50 PM to 3:00 PM)
Per our student code of conduct, students are permitted to carry their items to class in a clear backpack.
- However, the school district will not be providing the clear backpacks to our students this school year. For further clarification, the clear backpacks will not be sold at the school. If a student would like to utilize a clear backpack throughout the school day, our hornet families will need to purchase one on their own.
- Students may still carry a non-clear backpack to campus to transport materials for school. However, the non-clear backpacks must be stored in student lockers throughout the school day in order to promote the safest school environment for all involved.
- Similar to last school year, our students will be permitted to carry their items in their clear backpacks from class to class if they choose to do so. We believe the value of student choice and convenience will allow our students to be successfully prepared for each of their classes throughout the school year.
We are confident that our in-building procedures for the 2021-2022 school year will provide the optimal learning environment for all students in Hornet Country. If you have any questions or concerns on this, please send an email to me at (firstname.lastname@example.org). We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that any responses to our OneView communications are not received by the district. Thus, all inquiries must be sent to the administrator’s direct email address.
We hope you have a terrific summer and are looking forward to welcoming our students back to the building on August 19th, 2021!