SPRING SPORTS FACILITY & SPECTATOR INFORMATION
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR OUTDOOR ATHLETIC EVENTS TAKING PLACE AT MONROE LOCAL SCHOOLS
Click Here to Review Ohio Department of Health Responsible Restart for High School Sports
- Face coverings must be worn properly at all times inside and outside of the facility in accordance to CDC Guidelines. During physical activity/matches, the athlete may remove their face mask.
- All athletes/coaches will assigned to their designated team benches.
- Athletes & Coaches not in the game must maintain 6’ social distancing at all times on the sidelines as well as wear a face covering.
- Athletes & Coaches are encouraged to practice good hygiene at all times.
- Athletes must provide their own water.
Pre Event Symptom Assessments
Pre Event Screenings for Coaches & Athletes
- All Participants including Coaches and Athletes must complete symptom assessment prior to arriving on campus.
- Visiting Team should complete the protocols established in accordance with their school’s policies and procedures.
Pre Event Screenings for Officials, Event Workers & Spectators
- All game officials, event workers and spectators must complete a symptom assessment prior to arriving on campus.
- Any person who does not feel well should not travel to the event.
- Learn more about COVID-19 Symptoms and access a “self-checker” at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
Self-Assessments are to Include:
- Taking of temperature – which must be below 100.3 degrees.
- Person does not have a cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- Person has not experienced any other symptoms associated with Covid-19 including: Fever or chills, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhea
- Person has not had contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
- Attendance at sporting events is limited to the immediate family and close friends of those participating in the event.
- Access to the facilities should be as followed:
- Baseball Field - Spectators should park in the Monroe Jr/Sr High School Bus lot and access the field directly from the lot. Monroe spectators should sit on the 1st Base side of the facility. Visiting spectators should sit on the 3rd Base side of the facility.
- Softball Field - Spectators should park in the Monroe Jr/Sr High School Staff Parking Lot or the Monroe Elementary School Bus Lot and access the field directly from the lot. Monroe spectators should sit on the 3rd Base side of the facility. Visiting spectators should sit on the 1st Base side of the facility. Additional seating can be found on hill beyond right field.
- Tennis Courts - Spectators may park in either the Monroe High School Bus Lot or Monroe Jr/Sr High School Staff Parking Lot and access the venue directy.
- Spectators are expected to sit in marked seats only or in the designated "family boxes" spray painted around the venue.
- Spectators should bring personal folding / camping style chairs with them to the facility to sit on.
- Family and household members should sit together, socially – distanced from other individuals / family / household groups.
- Seating in groups must be limited to no more than four people who know one and another, but members of the same household may be seated together even if there are more than four people.
- Spectators are expected to adhere to the requirements and signage posted throughout the facility.
- No congregating is permitted before, during or after the event.
- General standing around fence areas is permitted however social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times.
- All spectators must wear a cloth face covering at all times in accordance with CDC guidelines. Person’s not wearing a face covering will not be admitted. The only exceptions to this policy are the reasons stated in the Director of Ohio Health’s Order for Facial Coverings throughout the State of Ohio, signed July 23, 2020. Any spectator that meets a medical exemption as outlined in the Governor's Facial Covering Mandate must provide written documentation from an MD or DO. This documentation will remain on file at Monroe Local Schools.