GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR ATHLETIC EVENTS TAKING PLACE AT MONROE LOCAL SCHOOLS
- Spectators are asked not to arrive earlier than 10 minutes before their game's scheduled start time.
- Face coverings must be worn properly at all times inside and outside of the facility. During physical activity/matches, the athlete may remove their face mask.
- All athletes/coaches will assigned to their designated team benches.
- Athletes & Coaches not in the game must maintain 6’ social distancing at all times on the sidelines as well as wear a face covering.
- Athletes & Coaches are encouraged to practice good hygiene at all times.
- Athletes must provide their own water.
Pre Event Symptom Assessments
Pre Event Screenings for Coaches & Athletes
- All Participants including Coaches and Athletes must complete symptom assessment prior to arriving on campus.
- Visiting Team should complete the protocols established in accordance with their school’s policies and procedures.
Pre Event Screenings for Officials, Event Workers & Spectators
- All game officials, event workers and spectators must complete a symptom assessment prior to arriving on campus.
- Any person who does not feel well should not travel to the event.
- Learn more about COVID-19 Symptoms and access a “self-checker” at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
Self-Assessments are to Include:
- Taking of temperature – which must be below 100.3 degrees.
- Person does not have a cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- Person has not experienced any other symptoms associated with Covid-19 including: Fever or chills, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhea
- Person has not had contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
- Ticketing allotments will be provided to each individual student-athlete. There are no plans at this time for ticket sales to the general public as our first priority is to ensure that our student-athletes are able to compete infront of their family and close friends.
- Spectators are expected to sit in marked seats only. Family and household members should sit together, socially – distanced from other individuals / family / household groups.
- Spectators should only sit only in areas that are not marked with caution tape. Any seats marked with caution tape are not available for spectators to sit.
- Seating in groups must be limited to no more than four people who know one and another, but members of the same household may be seated together even if there are more than four people.
- Spectators are expected to adhere to the requirements and signage posted throughout the facility.
- No congregating is permitted before, during or after the event.
- General admission standing around fence areas is permitted however social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times.
- All spectators must wear a cloth face covering at all times. Person’s not wearing a face covering will not be admitted. The only exceptions to this policy are the reasons stated in the Director of Ohio Health’s Order for Facial Coverings throughout the State of Ohio, signed July 23, 2020.
- ALL SPECTATORS ARE ASKED TO DEPART THE FACILITY IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE CONCLUSION OF THEIR GAME. PLEASE EXIT THROUGH THE DOORS TO YOUR RIGHT (NEAR THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL OFFICE) WHEN DEPARTING.