Dear Preschool Parents,
We are looking forward to welcoming your child to our preschool for the 2020-21 school year! We are still waiting on further guidance from the Ohio Department of Education, but here’s our plan to date. With the district moving to a hybrid plan we have adjusted our preschool days to align with the district days. Preschool will now be in session on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Preschool will not be in session on Wednesdays. In the event of a snow day Wednesday make up days will be added to the preschool calendar if needed. We will continue this schedule for the entire school year.
We are requiring all preschool staff and students to wear masks. We do understand that some students will struggle with this and we will work with them on an individual basis. We will provide mask breaks when students can be socially distanced. The recommendations from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital is that all students should be capable of wearing masks, if there are concerns please contact your child’s preschool teacher.
We will have some additional safety measures in place, in addition to some required practices per the state guidance.
- No adult other than staff allowed in the class. (per Ohio Department of Health)
- Temperature checks for all staff and students before entering the class. If the temperature is above 100 then they cannot enter the class. (per Ohio Department of Health)
- All students must wash hands as they enter the classroom and prior to dismissal. (per Ohio Department of Health)
- Training students for wearing masks, hands washing and social distancing.
- Students will have individual supplies.
- Students will rotate which classes have access to the playground, but all classes will have time outside.
There will be a virtual preschool orientation on Tuesday, August 18th at 6:00 p.m. on Zoom. To access the orientation please click the link: https://zoom.us/j/92691465948
We look forward to meeting with you on Tuesday.
Melissa Giffen, Principal