MONROE LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
INTERDISTRICT OPEN ENROLLMENT
The Monroe Board of Education shall permit any student from any district in the state of Ohio to apply and enroll in the district’s schools free of any tuition obligation, provided that openings are available and that all procedures as outlined in the administrative regulations are met.
Each spring it is determined if open enrollment will be offered for the following school year. At that time a date will be set to begin accepting applications for the following school year. Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
2017-18 Open Enrollment Packet (PDF)
Please note: New students are not accepted through open enrollment after the school year has begun.
Guidelines for the transfer of students are consistent with the O.R.C. 3313.98, and also the Monroe Local Schools Open Enrollment Policy 5113. The complete policy and administrative guidelines may be found on our website.
- The number of openings in a particular program for students from other Ohio districts will be determined by optimum size for a particular program, classroom/school building, or grade level which is the number of students that can be accommodated without increasing District expenditures for staff or equipment.
- At no time will a resident student be denied enrollment in a grade, building, or program due to established capacities having been reached through inter-district open enrollment.
- If the grade level capacity is reached, open enrollment will not occur for that grade level for that year.
- The parent/guardian will be responsible for providing transportation to and from the regularly assigned bus stops or pick-up points of the Monroe Local School District.
- Each open enrolled student must file a Request to Return form yearly with updated information.
- Our preschool does not accept open enrolled students.