The 8th grade Washington, D.C. trip is quickly approaching! Students attended a mandatory D.C. meeting on 1/21. At the meeting, they received a letter to the parents detailing all of the due dates/important information for the trip. Here are some of the details that were covered:
- All costs for the trip must be paid in full by January 25th.
- All school fees must be paid the week before we leave for the trip.
- Our next parent meeting will be the week before we leave. The date of this meeting will be determined soon.
- In the next few weeks, students will be filling out a medical form and behavior contract from Worldstrides. These forms must be returned by the date requested by Worldstrides.
- Students will be picking their roommates soon (4 students per room). Choosing roommates wisely is essential because Worldstrides will not make any changes once students' choices are submitted.
- Bus transportation for students and chaperones will be assigned by teachers and administration.
- Discipline (over 3 detentions, 1 In School Suspension, or 1 Friday School), attendance (10 unexcused absences), and grades (no F on a report card) are monitored; however; it is the responsibility of parents and students to know the eligibility rules for this trip.