The Monroe Local School District is soliciting nominations for consideration as members of the Monroe Local School District Academic Hall of Fame. The District would also like to recruit additional Academic Hall Fame committee members to assist in the selection process as well as help with planning the ceremony.
The Academic Hall of Fame program was initiated in 2011 to recognize and honor former Monroe Local School District graduates for having significant success in their pursuits of higher education and/or in their professional careers. These Academic Hall of members serve as outstanding role models for the students in the Monroe Local School District.
To be considered for this honor, each individual must have a completed Application of Nomination containing the following criteria:
- Must have graduated from either Lemon Monroe High School or Monroe High School.
- Attended the Monroe Local Schools (or the former Middletown/Monroe City School District for a minimum of four years.
- Graduated from high school a minimum of twenty years before being nominated.
- A maximum of three letters supporting the individual’s nomination.
- Application signed by the person making the nomination.
- Resume demonstrating the work history and professional successes of the nominee.
- Nominations must be received by September 30, 2015 for consideration.
Applications may be downloaded here:
Application, resume and reference letters should be returned to:
Monroe Academic Hall of Fame
Attn: Dr. Phil Cagwin
Monroe Local School District
500 Yankee Road
Monroe, OH 45050
Applications for this honor can be made by self-nomination.
Resumes for individuals nominated and not selected for induction in a given year will remain on file and will be reviewed each year.
Those who wish to volunteer for the selection committee should contact Mindy Hawkins at 513-539-2536 by September 30, 2015.