Below is information for all students interested in playing football during the 2018 season entering grades 7-12.
- Brett Stubbs will serve as our Interim Head Coach for the 2018 Season. Coach Stubbs has 31 years of coaching experience including 3 years as a Varsity Head Coach. Coach Stubbs currently teaches math in our Junior High School and we believe that the experience and stability he can provide our football program for the upcoming season will put our student-athletes in the best possible position to be successful. Should you need to contact him, Coach Stubbs' email address is: email@example.com.
- To allow Coach Stubbs and our coaches the opportunity to get organized and prepare, we are cancelling all activities scheduled for next week, the week of May 28 through June 1. Activities will resume as previously scheduled for students entering grades 9 through 12 on Monday, June 4 with weight lifting from 8:00am-10:00am in the weight room. Activities will resume for students entering grades 7 and 8 on Tuesday, June 5 from 8:00am-9:15am in the weight room. Updated summer schedules will be provided to all students present on June 4 (High School) and June 5 (Jr. High School) as well as posted on our athletic website once available.
- There have been many questions relative to the status of the schedule that had been previously provided this spring and understandably so. Our current plan is to stay as close to that schedule as possible. However, if there are any conflicts that arise with any schedule modifications that are made, please communicate those to the appropriate member of our coaching staff as soon as possible.
- Once again all students participating in interscholastic athletics during the 2018-19 school year are required to be registered on Final Forms and have a valid pre-participation physical exam form signed by a physician on file. Registration for the 2018-19 school year is now open and all students are encouraged to register prior to June 5. More information about registering on Final Forms for the 2018-19 school year can be found at: http://monroelocalschools.com/news-post.cfm?id=1544&local=8
- Lastly, there will be an informational meeting on Tuesday, June 5 at 6:30pm in the Monroe Jr/Sr High School Auditorium for all students entering grades 7-12 and their parents who are interested in playing football during the 2018-19 school year.