The Monroe Local School District is soliciting nominations for consideration as members of the Monroe Local School District Academic Hall of Fame. This program has been initiated to recognize and honor former Monroe Local School District graduates as having achieved a significant degree of success in their pursuits of higher education and/or in their professional careers. The Academic Hall of Fame recognition was established to provide outstanding role models for the students in the Monroe Local School District.
To be considered for this honor, each individual must have a completed Application of Nomination containing the following criteria:
- · Must have graduated from either Lemon Monroe High School or Monroe High School.
- · Attended the Monroe Local Schools (or the former Middletown/Monroe City School District for a minimum of four years.
- · Graduated from high school a minimum of twenty years before being nominated.
- · A maximum of three letters supporting the individual’s nomination.
- · Application signed by the person making the nomination.
- · Resume demonstrating the work history and professional successes of the nominee.
- · Nominations must be received by March 31 for consideration.
Application forms: Hall of Fame Nomination Form (PDF)
Application, resume and reference letters should be returned to:
Monroe Academic Hall of Fame
Attn: Dr. Phil Cagwin
Monroe Local School District
500 Yankee Road
Monroe, OH 45050
Applications for this honor can be made by self-nomination.
Resumes for individuals nominated and not selected for induction in a given year will remain on file and will be reviewed each year.