Important Activities and Events During Junior Year
- ACT is given to all juniors in February each school year. This is a requirement by the state of Ohio and is at no cost to students or families. Juniors have access to ACT prep materials during the school year (see the Testing information link on the left of this page), and teachers often use ACT prep tools and questions in classroom instruction during junior year.
- Counselors meet with juniors during the fall to learn ways to explore college and career interests through Naviance.
- The PSAT is given in October; juniors who score highly on this can possibly qualify for the National Merit Scholarship
- Juniors take the ASVAB (career exploration tool) during their Consumer Economics class
- Juniors have the opportunity to attend 3 College Rep Visits during the school day at Monroe High School. Students can sign up to meet with specific college representatives through Naviance.
- Juniors also have the opportunity to tour local companies in the fall during Manufacturing Month.
- Most juniors take the AIR Government test in April, or the AP Government test in May.
- Prom is at the end of April!
- Juniors begin choosing their courses for Senior year in January of the Junior year
Preparing for Senior Year
Make the most of the summer between your junior and senior year! Read the packet below to learn useful ways to help prepare for senior year:
Download Juniors - Summer Prep.pdf